Welcome to the United Benefice
of Chaddesden, St Philip with Derby, St Mark



Welcome to St Mark's Derby

 


St Mark’s Church, Derby is a parish church in the Church of England in Chaddesden.

In 1897 a small corrugated iron church was erected at the junction of Francis Street and St Mark’s Road, Derby. The foundation stone for the permanent church was laid on 5 January 1935 by Edith Haslam of Breadsall Priory. The contractor for the construction was J.K. Ford and Weston of Osmaston Road, Derby. The cost was £11,000 (equivalent to £700,766 in 2016). It was opened on 18 December 1935.

The church is ambulatory. There is a series of eight parabolic arches united by reinforced concrete beams at ground level, ambulatory level and roof level, these form the skeleton of the building.








Community Web Kit provided free by BT